Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Horned melon and flowers for Hailey

So has anyone ever heard of a 'horned melon'? I think that it is only available in Ely, Nevada. It grows wild on Wheeler Peak(okay, I think that it is really from New Zealand). It is not very tasty, but it is fun to hold and eat.

Hailey, I was going to sent you some flowers, but they only wilt and waste away. Here are some that will last as long as we have something to read these digital files. I wish that you were with me to see flowers and caress the 3000 year old bristlecones with me.


8 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

Nature Boy-digi flowers are not the same as real flowers and did you say "caress" on our bloggy? :)

Rachael said...

I love the idea of digi flowers! Real ones are always overpriced and die too quickly. But still, give me premium ice cream or fancy chocolates over flowers any day.

Talk about a romantic post! This is getting down-right mushy!

Kent and Leisy said...

is "3000 year old pinecone" code for something? eww.

Jason & Shannon said...

Those are pretty!!! What a sweet thing to do!

SDL said...

everyone else is okay with digi flowers, and they are still alive somewhere in the Mount Moriah Wilderness Area. And about the 'caressing' comment, a man gets lonely looking at lichens.

Roy & Annette said...

I think this is very sweet and am happy to find out how thoughtful my brother can be. And I'm with Rachael's comment 100% Better pick up a carton of ice cream on the way home. Don't forget the hot fudge sauce.

donna said...

I think the last two blogs have been so romantic I almost feel like I'm spying. Good job Steve!

I guess it's true that digi flowers aren't the same as real ones, and I can't imagine why you would want to caress any pinecone, but it sure does look and sound pretty.

Laney said...

yeah...the word caress was way more than I wanted to read on your blog.