Saturday, February 23, 2008

Our canoe trip to Utah Lake




So we decided to try to do something a little more adventurous than what we have been used to. Today we decided to take Jack canoing (we even bought him a life vest last night at $^%&$^&$%). We got down to the farm and found that the only way to move the boat was on top of our car. Hailey said it was white trash, and I said it was inventive. We ran into huge snow drifts on the road to the pond and again, we were inventive I pulled the canoe Klondike style. We finally made it to the lake only to realize I forgot the paddles. I found an old shovel and thought it would make the perfect canoe paddle. Trashy or inventive? Anyway, Jack had a great time thinking that we were reenacting a scene from 'Pirates of Penzance'. The weather was great and Hailey and I had a great time as well.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kent and Leisy said...

It looks like a blast! will you take zeb and me canoeing in June when we come out?

SDL said...

In addition to the canoe we have a tin boat so we can take the whole team out boating.

Rachael said...

okay, that is so funny! I can totally hear you each saying "trashy" (hailey) and "inventive" (steve). It's like we were right there. Great pics!

w. leavitt said...

that's what i like to see. it actually MEANS something.

Amy and Craig said...

That's AWESOME!!! Wish we coulda been there! Remember at Coeur d'alene, canoing with Katie?

Walnut said...

i used a 2x4 when we forgot the paddle.

the picture of the canoe on the car is hilarious.

can you clarify $^%&$^&$%. I just want to know specifically, thanks

Kent and Leisy said...

oh, and leavitt fam, I'd consider myself a semi-trashy person and I'd call the shovel trashy. that means it's bad. way bad.

kenna said...

How fun! I want to go do something fun! Watching tv isn't fun. Hailey, those muffins were to die for! Please please please post that recipe! I'm also excited to eat the mac and cheese for lunch! thank you for taking care of me!

SDL said...

For the record $^%&$^$#^%# is Walmart. I know, just becuase it is convienient doesn't mean its right.

Leslie said...

That is HILARIOUS that you censored "Walmart." Going there on a Friday night was a pretty risky thing to do, you know. I bet a TON of people saw you. :)

You guys are such a fun family. Jack's pretty lucky to get these kind of memories.

Kent and Leisy said...

p.s. hailey... I like your hair in the top pic. I know, weird observation, but I do like it.

Kristi said...

When do we get invited on one of these trips? Wasn't "Pirates of Penzance" one of your first dates? You guys look so cute!

Amy and Craig said...

yeah, that's what I thought too, I really like hailey's hair. I have a pic for you hailey of this chick that I thought had a haircut that would suit you! (not that you need help)

Deneal said...

You guys have such beautiful photos on your blog. It looks a like it was a fantastic little adventure. Jack is and adorable little guy, you must have so much fun with him!