Sunday, June 8, 2008

DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS

*Sorry about this one, but it is my duty to our free market system.
So Hailey got a super stylish Olympus Stylus 820 camera for Christmas. There may not be a better looking digital camera. In addition to its great looks it has a ton of custom shooting modes hat really give the camera a lot of appeal. In spite of the bells and whistles, we immediately noticed that most of the pictures we took looked either really grainy or like they were taken in the late 60's. To make a long story short after a lot of experimenting, sending the camera in for repair, and too much time talking with customer service we have decided the camera is absolutely worthless and now sits in the drawer. We can't handle looking at horrible images of our travels and life. Because Olympus did nothing to stand behind their product I assured them that I would try to convince all within my very little realm of influence not to purchase Olympus digital cameras.






DO NOT BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. OLYMPUS IS BAD. POOR IMAGE QUALITY. INCONSISTENT PICTURES. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. OLYMPUS CAMERAS ARE BAD. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS. DON'T BUY OLYMPUS CAMERAS.

10 comments:

donna said...

I was just about to buy Chris a new camera - water proof, crush proof, dust proof, well, you get the picture (hee, hee) but it's an Olympus 1030sw. He said I couldn't because your camera was such a piece of poopoo. I guess you saved us from a disappointing purchase. Is there a camera with those specs you would recommend?

Erin said...

Thanks for the heads up. The rest of the world should know too. Would you like us to make you another bumper sticker?

SDL said...

I think I'm looking for something a little less subtle than a bumper sticker. I need a big banner that I can mount on top of our car. A flag in front of our apartment might also be appropriate.

SDL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renae said...

Good to know about cameras:D I think all of your pictures are awesome on your blog. Josh and I were just commenting on how fun and adventerous you guys are and how we need to be more like that! Any suggestions?

Amy and Craig said...

so sad, I think I would put daily calls into olympus for a while just to prove my point and see if I could get any restitution. We've been really happy with our sony cybershot. it's not super special, but it had the fast shutter time that I wanted and the video and it's super easy to use. not too pricey either. I'll wear a black arm band for the rest of the month in honor of your experience (it'll have one of those cirlce with a line thingys over "olympus" on it).

Janie said...

Hi Steve, its me, your friend, Tory- long time no chat- nice blog! I saw your link on Mosshead's blog. Fun times! Your fam looks great. Stop by our blog and say hi some time!

Rachael said...

that is super frustrating stuff!! I'm so sorry. We've lost whole month's of pictures - Lydia's 5th birthday, Christmas 2006, etc... fun, huh? There are some definite downsides to the digital revolution. I've been itching for a new camera, but it's not really anywhere in our future. Not even distantly! Now I know not to even consider an Olympus. I really like our Canon, but it's older and is a little slow to load and retake pics.

Tanner Mills said...

/HAHAHAHAHAHA

Unknown said...

so what do you think of Olympus cameras?