Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Things We Do for Jack


Jack is a pirate. All day long and in his dreams too. We decided to do be thrifty and put a pirate costume together for Halloween. $30 is way too much for a Halloween costume, right? Then last night we found a costume that was too hard to ignore. Jack has recently seen 'The Wizard of Oz' and he has collected a Dorothy and Glinda doll from an un-named "food store." Right away he decided that Daddy can be the Tin Man and Mommy can be Dorothy.

He can hardly think of anything other than his new costume. He woke up at 2am and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I wear my lion costume." He even wore his costume at naptime. What can you do?

10 comments:

donna said...

See you are such good parents you let him wear his costume all the time. Think of all the good memories he'll have. (unless of course he doesn't remember anything before 6 years old like some people we know) :)

At least you won't have to help him fly around the house like we did SuperTaylorMan!

w. leavitt said...

TOO STINKIN' CUTE.

he looks sharper than steve or me in that cheetah suit we had growing up.

donna said...

Wish I'd seen that!

SDL said...

Wayne, don't sell the cheetah suit short and remember that you used to be cute

Jason & Shannon said...

I love it!

Amy and Craig said...

so fun! besides, he's a pirate everyday, it wouldn't be dressing up if he was one for halloween too. I'd let him wear the costume anywhere he wanted too (as long as it's not too hot). I love it when my kids would wanna be dressed up(not to school). I know everybody thought I was crazy, but what difference did it make and who doesn't like dressing up?

w. leavitt said...

good point. everyday should be halloween, if you ask me!

Derek said...

I thought every day was Halloween.

SDL said...

It is. I'm only dressed up as a fat man.

Rachael said...

SO funny!! I just scored a lion costume for Carver at the Goodwill yesterday. He totally loved it at first sight and is pretty good at roaring and chasing his sisters around. He and Jack will be twins!! I might be a lion tamer, though. :)