Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Real Santa


About a week ago we went to Thanksgiving Point and Jack got to sit on Santa's lap. The video isn't very good, but the evening was nearly perfect. We had A-class parking, the shortest wait to visit with Santa and we received a picture for free. Snow was starting to fall outside and we visited Santa's reindeer. Afterwards we drove through the light display and tuned into the Christmas music on the radio. I cried. It was great!

The next picture is our excursion on the Provo River. Santa came to visit us in a canoe! What a novel idea. The lights reflecting on the river really made Steve feel like he was in Italy (hehehee). Can you believe Steve loved this? It was very, VERY low-key. They actually passed rock-hard tootsie rolls out in a blue crate.

After the fun visits with Santa (over the course of a week), Jack was saying his personal prayer. I think it went something like this (although you might ask Steve) "Thank Thee for the Santa with glasses (aka Thanksgiving Point Santa) and.....thank Thee for the other Santa...." There it is folks. Proof, that in fact, this child is nothing less than a genius! Steve and I are still laughing.

5 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Ha! So funny! What kind of tootsie roll can you expect at freezing temperatures...on a river, no less. I'm sure glad you didn't fall out of your canoe! ;)

Kristi said...

He is hilarious! I love it. If living in my house keeps you in Utah, them move right in!!! Rach can move in too, and we will tell each other our dreams over breakfast!

donna said...

Well, of course he's a genius! You guys sure take cute pictures too!
I'm so proud of him for not being afraid of santa. I'm still working on that one. :)

HowellAZ said...

Sounds like a great time! I love the pictures and video. Congrats on expecting...I am just now learning of this, slow, I know. Also, thanks for your comments about Max. Your Dad also left a comment and it warms my heart! Dog lovers unite!!!

Rappleye Family said...

I just wanted to say hello! Me and Roger have a blog as well. We made our blog private tho so if you would like an invite please email me at tashanicole1984@yahoo.com I just wanted to say thanks for the fun caroling tonight with the ward. It was a blast and I am so glad we did it. It was such a sweet thing to do. Happy Holidays you guys! Thanks for being so sweet!