Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Moon

So Hailey was really anxious to have a child-free vacation before the next one comes. Well, Grandma L. was willing to watch Jack and all Hailey, and I had to do was decide where to go. She wanted Hawaii and I wanted Iceland. Neither of us could be convinced that the others destination was better so we ended up compromising. We decided to meet right smack dab between our ideal vacation spots. That's right, Cortez Colorado (smack, smack dab would probably end up in Iowa but no one wants to go there so I lied a little to Hailey). We had a wonderful weekend Jack-free and saw some really cool places. I was convinced that we could actually find a cozy place to move into and almost had Hailey convinced. Here are a few pics of what we saw:


We asked the Navajo gods for a little direction. We're not too sure if if helped.

Here was an option that we found in Aztec, New Mexico. Sadly I'm just too over sized. In fact, tonight at dinner I told Hailey that the meal had made me even fatter, and her response was "I don't think you can get any bigger".

So Hailey thought we could upgrade from our place on Sarah Circle so we checked out a fixer upper on Mesa Verde

6 comments:

donna said...

You are such a good sport! Oh, and you too Hailey! :) Kidding! Did you remember our trip to Mesa Verde?

Oh, we got your postcard today. Fun times!

dean said...

sweet. if only you could move in.

The Corbetts said...

Oh thats great you got a baby moon, ours was working on our house. Looks like you had a blast. Hailey looking cute, were excited for you guys # 2 sure is fun and different.

Jilly Bean said...

You guys are funny! Sarah Circle is perfect...stay forever! :)

Kristi said...

Steve, it looks like your head isn't connected to your body in that shot. Freaky. Hailey, where is your belly in your picture?

Rachael said...

I'm so glad that you got a "baby moon!" You look so great, Hailey! I hope you're feeling great, too.