Sunday, February 7, 2010

A champion in our midst


Growing up we would spend most Saturdays at my Grandma Clinger's house exploring the family farm. At an early age my brothers and I would paste as many rose thorns to our face as we possibly could. At that age it wasn't just a game - it was a hobby or talent. Dean was alway much better at it than I was and certainly holds the family record (over 30 thorns on his face). Jack's not quite competing at that level yet, but he certainly has the determination.

9 comments:

w. leavitt said...

i still haven't given up

Laurie said...

I love this picture! :)

Rachael said...

so funny. :)

Amy and Craig said...

u guys have the best pix! (or maybe just the best kids to picture).

Roy & Annette said...

Haha! I forgot about rose thorns. Way to go Jack. And even if he doesn't have 30 on yet, he's pretty good at the cross-eyes.

Jason & Shannon said...

That's great!

donna said...

Oh, my heavens! That made me laugh. I thought it was one of those golden butterflies we used to catch. Who thinks to glue thorns to their faces? What kind of glue do you use?

What a perfect picture!

Kristen said...

I forgot about transforming into a rose rhinoceros. Even on the bridge of my nose mine never used to stay on very long. I can't imagine 30 staying put, that someone must have had a very sticky face :) Thanks for reminding me of a terrific tradition that I need to introduce Sawyer to!

dean said...

gosh, that kid's makin' uncle proud