Friday, February 19, 2010

Interview with an Artist

I wish I could see things through Jack's perspective for a day. Steve and I enjoy hearing him talk to cousins on the phone. Last week he "was wondering if you could get in your van and come to Daniel's birthday. Mommy made some chocolate cake..." This request to the Fuller cousins was made to each individual who got on the phone and it was sweet and innocent and very sincere. Did I mention the cousins live in Arizona and last time I checked we are still in Utah. The twenty minute commute is out of the question.

Jack's artwork is a very creative look into his mind. I love it! Here is a sneak peek.


Dragon
Jack Skellington
Pippi! My favorite!
The artist, himself

Here is a glimpse of our daily trips to the park...when will winter be over?

13 comments:

SDL said...

I love it.

Cassidy said...

Wow! He does a great job!! His writing is great too!! Mad props.

Alan and Mindee said...

Love the artwork and the cute swing video! My kids were watching and laughing right along!

Kristi said...

Those ARE great! Thanks for visiting today!!!

Rachael said...

What a talented guy Jack is!! very nice writing to compliment his lovely illustrations.

We were swinging today just like that - Grace in one, Carver in the other. It's not bad once you get his 50 pound self in there, but it's sure hard to get him out! :) I think he prefers that one because I always push him higher than the regular kind.

Darla said...

Just checking up on you guys, again. How are you??

Chris Howell said...

I can plainly see that the dragon has some gastrointestinal issue going on. I think your pirate will grow to be a GI surgeon.

Kent and Leisy said...

jack skellington is fabulous! and is that zero with him? very very impressive. and he reminds me so much of steve in that shirt for some reason.

Lacee DeG said...

WOW! Jack is so talented! I especially love the skeleton Jack. Looks like fun at the park! What would we do without it??!

Roy & Annette said...

What an artist. I love it! I love him!! I haven't been able to view the past couple of videos you've put on. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

donna said...

it took me a couple of times before I could see the video either, but it sure is fun.

I'm very impressed by the artist, especially that last photo, it's so pensive. And the art is good too. Great post!

Amy and Craig said...

such a fun video! griff is so cute! i can't believe how different he's looking now! looks like blond hair!

w. leavitt said...

the boy has a good feel for color not to mention movement