Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pumpkin Patch with the Starkey Clan





A week ago I was driving two tired boys to Michigan! We made pretty good time and we showed up at Amy's house messy, hungry and in need of their bathroom. I do realize this is totally inappropriate, but she's my sister! She hasn't ever turned us away!

Craig was gone for the weekend and Steve was busy writing a grant, so Amy and I played hard with five kids of fairly corresponding ages. The highlight was the pumpkin patch. This place had everything from a giant pumpkin to ride in, to a more than creepy, hodge podge western town to explore. We spent at least three hours playing and could have stayed indefinitely if Griffin had not completely fallen apart of exhaustion.

OH another highlight was the apple picking. Each guest receives a bag to fill and take home. The Starkey's had three bags to fill. The boys and I filled our two bags quickly and loaded the rickety wagon of fun, but the Starkeys..."umm Amy...we're leaving..." Katie came running after the moving wagon with terror in her eyes! Being a compassionate auntie I'm trying not to cry from fits of laughter. Then I see Taylor running and Amy hauling Sophie in the backpack.... They made it! Whew!

2 comments:

donna said...

I love it! You guys really do have all the fun. Did you save some for us? We're coming as soon as we can!

Roy & Annette said...

That looks so fun! It sounds like you get to see Amy a lot now. Glad you can see your sister and have cousins play together.