Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hot Shots

We broke down and bought a real tree this year and I'm pretty sure it's the best $15 we've ever spent. There really is something cozy and comforting about the glow of the Christmas tree. We've spent many evenings around the tree with all the other lights off. I've enjoyed a couple moments reading by the tree and I'm going to miss it when Steve gives it the boot a couple hours after Santa leaves.
We have the perfect amount of hill out our back door. We'll bundle up and run around the field and then walk across the street to the frozen pond. We always let Steve test the ice first. He did point out that he weighs more than the kids and I combined so it seems pretty fail-proof.
What can I say about this sad Santa? I asked him how his night was going and he said, "very, very warm."
This Griffy is gorgeous and I hope he never grows up.

9 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I love your tree! and I'm so happy you got one! did you leave the milk can in utah?! I was waiting to see a picture of it :)

p.s. we are coming to chicago jan 18!! Kent has a set of boards to take that are administered in only a few locations across the us and chicago is one of them! will you guys be around? can we crash at your place? I'm so excited to visit you guys in chicago! and see the jayneses , too of course! we may try to come for the weekend before that tuesday- maybe show up saturday or friday night! I need to call you!!

Amy and Craig said...

I'm SOOO RELIEVED you got a tree! I have thought about you many times this month so far and worried and felt sad that you probably didn't have a tree!

Rachael said...

you got a tree!!! HURRAY! I really need to call and catch up. It's been forever. I love that you have ice to play on and hills and snow and adorable boys to celebrate with.

Lacee DeG said...

It IS a fabulous tree! I've never had a real one...sigh...one day! Jack is getting sooooo BIG. What a handsome little guy he's turning into!

Chelsea said...

SO FUN! I love the smell of real Christmas trees. Ours is fake, but we still love having the lights on!

yaya said...

Hailey, Your tree is beautiful...why does it have to leave so soon? Oh,BTW, my family is on the hunt for a car for you. My brother "knows a guy, who knows a guy, etc.etc." My Mom is so funny...She told me she's saying some good Catholic prayers that one will show up! I'm in touch with Craig and Ames and they will let you know if my family comes up with something. Have a wonderful Christmas with those cute little guys! (and Steve!)

HowellAZ said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you guys had a nice tree to celebrate the holidays. I just love sitting by the lights and enjoying the 'glow'. Of course, we didn't have one this year, but I can tell you if fresh trees in Phoenix were only $15 bucks I may have considered it! :)
Love the pictures of the boys...looks like they are having fun in the snow!

Roy & Annette said...

Love your tree! The only experiences our kids have with real trees are the ones we walk past outside the grocery store and the years we go to the Leavitts' house. And the sledding looks so fun!

The Corbetts said...

i love the tree i thought about you guys wondering if you were going to have the milk can again or not. funny anyway we think your boys are adorable.