Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Cabin Fever

He really can't decide if he wants to be outside.
This child still wants to be in the toddler swing. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll get himself stuck one of these days.
Griffy is showing off his pirate hat (thanks Amy!) and the blanket that he is pretty sure Grandma Nonna intended for him.

I'm not saying I don't love 9am church, but around 4pm I feel like I am going to lose my mind if we don't get out of the house. The biggest challenge of winter is just deciding that the time spent bundling up is worth the adventure. So today we put in a good twenty minutes and set off into the wintery, white tundra. By some miracle Steve actually came home from a visit as we were setting off.

After a short walk Steve headed home with a sick Griffy and Jack and I continued to the park. I'm pretty sure it was in keeping with the Sabbath day considering the way I felt on the way home. I love my pirating at the park with Jack. I even impressed myself with my increased pirate vocabulary. I hope that someday when I'm nagging him and driving him absolutely crazy he'll be able to listen and love me because of the fun times we share.

We came home a little more prepared for another evening indoors.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, we are facing the EXACT same thing with 9 am church. What a very long afternoon it makes! Derek took all the kids out on a walk adventure, fighting clones and robots and things in the trees with their sticks. We are so lucky to live somewhere generally above freezing! I stayed home and read. :)

Oh - Carver loves baby swings, too. I bet it's because I push him higher knowing he can't fall out. Because it's almost impossible to get him out on purpose! the carts at Costco are the same way - what will I do when he truly doesn't fit? I bet it already looks crazy with him up there, but I don't care!

Kristi said...

Good for you Hailey! I occasionally look at the weather out your way just as one way of checking on you :).

Amy and Craig said...

hey! We're all on 9am church now! too bad we're all on different time zones so it doesn't matter! I hear you on the Sunday evening anxiety. Just wait maybe you'll get called to YW and then you'll always have to go back to the church for a fireside, that'll cure the sunday night restlessness.

yaya said...

Hi Hailey! Yes, we got the storm, but not as much snow..we got tons of ice, then the snow! A double whammy! I talked to my Mom and she and my Sis are handling it pretty good. My nephew loves this because he plows snow and makes thousands of bucks on these storms..wish I had a plow! We've always had a 9am schedule..my afternoons include a nap, but that's because we have no cute kiddos to play pirate with! Take care and keep warm!