Friday, June 17, 2011

Walk Like an Egyptian


Jack is five and he decided upon an Egypt party this year. Hooray! I was way more excited about throwing a party that didn't involve skull and crossbones. This kid is enamored with Ancient Egpyt. It must have been an easy transition for him...mummies, treasures, bones and mystery.

We had a great group of kids for the party and they were all excited to dress like the Egyptians, bomb the pyramids (Roman and Egyptian battle outside with water balloons) and participate in an archaeologist dig. The "walk like an Egyptian" relay race was pretty entertaining for Steve and I and completely embarrassing for most of the kids.

After the friend party we went to the paddle boats in downtown Naperville and later celebrated with presents, cake and ice cream.

5 comments:

leah said...

You guys are the coolest family ever! I'm pretty sure my kids don't even know what an Egyptian is.

Scott and Sarah said...

cute! cute! cute! You are such an awesome mom Hailey!

donna said...

Oh my heavens! Think how sad your boys would be if they ever had a normal birthday cake! You're setting some pretty high expectations!

And can I just cry now? I can't believe how grown up Jack looks in that last picture! What a great party. Wish I had been there, but I can't wait to see you soon! Maybe Jack can teach me to walk like an Egyptian!

Kristi said...

My thoughts on this post: Jack is looking so old! Hailey, you make the coolest cakes. I love the party theme. Tell Steve I like his shirt and I like your sweater. Also, did you get a new painting for your breakfast nook? I couldn't make the picture big to find out.
Miss you!!!

Rachael said...

He looks so grown up!! Holy cow. Like a kindergartener, for crying out loud! I love the pictures, love the party and your amazing cake. What a darling party!