Saturday, January 19, 2008

Anyone want to travel?



Both Hailey and I are feeling the itch to get out and see a little bit of the world. I'm anxious to head down to South American for a little adventura (yeah Taylor and Laney it's a lot like adventure. Way too easy.) in the Andes, sleep in noisy, cheap hotels that are filled with exhaust from the passing traffic, ride chicken buses, eat food cooked on mobile grills in the streets, and hike in the crazy Andean Highlands. Hailey on the other hand is looking for something a little more classy. She's mentioned she wants to go back to Paris, but I'm sure that someone could convince her to see Italy, Whales, or just about anywhere else in Europe. We are looking for sponsors and interested parties. Does anyone have any money that they would like to donate to our cause? Is anyone interested? Hailey and I would much rather travel together. So is anyone willing to watch Jack for a couple of weeks. I bet I could convince her to head south with me as long as we eliminate the dirty, cheap hotels and promise to buy her fresh fruit salads every morning and night. She might even convince me to go to Europe with her (some of the subways feel kind of dirty like the chicken buses in Guatemala). Well, any takers?

11 comments:

SDL said...

Oh yeah, if we have to deal with crazy traffic we need Derek to come along as our driver (but we would like your company regardless of how crazy the foreign drivers are).

Kent and Leisy said...

we would love to come with you. tell us if you find a sitter.

taylor and laney said...

so the subways in rome were some of the dirtiest smelliest things I ever saw, and I think hailey would love the food and culture. Italy is the place to go for the both of you! And I think taylor and I may have a few spare euros from our trip this past summer, we can give you those for our donation to your adventures, we can take jack too.

Derek said...

I'll watch Jack. Come to think of it, why don't we bring Jack and the whole rest of the gang with us. And since we only have a shoestring, let's do Baja. . . . by bike. I read an article once, where some guy rode from AK to Puntas Arenas (that's "Arena Punt" in Spanish for Taylor and Laney; Spanish is too easy, I know) by bike. I'll bet we could get my four kids and Jack in the bike trailer. Then we ride til we reach the beach at the Punta. Right?

We miss you up here, Xanthoman.

The Corbetts said...

I'll watch Jack if you bring me back a great soviner and take Max and maybe james he might need some babysitting as well j/k :)

Rachael said...

I'll watch Jack! That's the easy part. It's that donor business that gets tricky! And I agree with Taylor/Laney - Rome is dirty enough for Steve and classy enough for Hailey. I vote for that, as well! So I'll babysit and help plan the trip... you're practically there!

Erin said...

Hmmm. You guys need a "hot tub" fund. That's the nickname for our dream jar that all the loose change go into. In college, Ammon filled the jar up for me in one night with "help" from the community. He'll have to teach you his tricks. (Oh yeah, and we finally updated our blog).

SDL said...

It sounds like Rome is the place to go, and finding someone to take care of Jack will be the easy part. We promise to bring back nice gifts for everyone who helps with our son. Now we just need to talk to Ammon about how to get the cash. D-rock, if Rome doesn't work out riding bikes in BAja sounds good. If I can teach Jack to ride a bike would there be room for me in the trailer?

SDL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kenna said...

Hmmm, I should give my grandma a call, since she funded our travel to the Caribbean. She just might go for this...:)

Walnut said...

you say you are feeling the itch to see a little bit of the world. heck, why not see the whole thing. just go to www.googleearth.com. You can even take Jack with you and look at what ever you want. Free and no chicken buses.
of course then Jack would get bored quickly and start kicking and punching you. then you could say you got jacked up. ha ha hee hee ha ha