Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Way down south in Dixie




We had nice weekend far from the things of man, at least for a couple of days. We felt like we had to get away after a long week six friends staying in our tiny apartment. I'm sure that Jack relieved to spend quality time (if you count a dozen hours crammed into a car with all kinds of camping stuff as quality). It was fun to see Jack so happy to run on sand dunes, help set up the tent, and explore the campground looking for rabbits and birds (I promised him lizards, but the 28 degree nights made them a little too elusive). Jack must be a desert rat at heart. He kept chanting slot canyon as we hiked through world's longest slot canyon. There's more. There's always more, but here are a few photos of what we've done.

7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm super jealous of your adventures!!

Erin said...

Welcome back! Hailey you always look so put together even when camping.

Rach said...

I'm glad you a nice little trip w/your fam after a house full of visitors. You guys are amazing! I can't wait to see you in 2 months!

Amy and Craig said...

I've been waiting for something new! Are those Taylor's old shoes? I thought for sure it would be ages before little jack fit my kids HUGE shoes! :> I love the last two pix, super cute to go in the "best of" file! I miss that red rock. something about it makes me excited and happy all at once!

donna said...

It does look exciting. And Hailey, you do look put together even hiking - how does she do it?
Fun pictures and happy times. I think I'm kind of jealous!
Love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Corbetts said...

It looks like fun, glad you had a good time but good to have you back . You were missed.