Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My New Ring


I briefly mentioned the loss of my wedding ring a couple weeks ago. I have good news! The lost ring has been replaced with somewhat of an upgrade. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful symbol of our love. Having said that, I couldn't ask for a better Steve either. Steve couldn't be so easily replaced. I don't think anyone could argue with that!

P.S. I think this must be about a carat and a half! Thankfully Steve self-mined this beauty and cut down on overhead costs.

9 comments:

w. leavitt said...

that's one of the most unique rings i've seen. i definitely dig it.

SDL said...

Gee, that looks like a really nice Rhizoplaca chrysolueca. You're a very lucky girl!

Rachael said...

classy! I think you'd better be careful or the diamond industry will come after you as the lichen craze catches on! that is so funny!

donna said...

VERY, VERY Nice! I wish my husband loved me that much!

Amy and Craig said...

I didn't think that lichen was all that durable! what's the cut, carat, clarity on that baby?

Steve and Hailey said...

amorphous cut
1.5 carats
Rhizoplaca clarity

hehehehee

The Corbetts said...

that is so neat I like it. way to go steve.

Erin said...

So Steve already went and blew his grant money on a lichen ring. You deserve it all Hailey.

Kristen said...

Cool ring! What a nice hubby you have! I liked the comment he made about planning to get you an upgrade anyway when your ring got lost! That's so cute!