Saturday, August 30, 2008

A pirate's life on the Provo River


So we've decided that Jack is now old enough to join us on our annual "White Water on the Provo River" trip. He was initially very excited (long before he saw the river but knew he could take his pirate sword and flag). The 200' descent on a steep, loose dirt trail to the river put him on edge. Hailey shouting for me to go through the "white water" finally put him over, and he screamed and whined to the point that some friendly zoobie asked if we were all right (in reality, everyone else going down the river was really nice to our little pirate). Eventually he calmed down with the promise of a 'park day' when we arrived at Vivian Park. Really it was a lot of fun and as we climbed out of the river Jack said it was fun and "it wasn't too scary". Here are the highlights.

12 comments:

donna said...

I LOVE the pirate face in the top picture! Did he have you swab the deck? If you didn't, I'll bet that's really what was bothering him.

Jason & Shannon said...

Haha, I love that you let him take the pirate stuff!!! So cute!

Amy and Craig said...

such a cute pirate and super hot pirate mommy!

Kristi said...

Captain Jack sure looks tough! He and JR had a great time. Whose turn is it to plan something?

Kent and Leisy said...

I love your suit hailey!! and that cpt. jack is adorable. I miss the days of the provo river!!

taylor and laney said...

Remember how we were supposed to do this together but then the timing never worked. Sad sad sad. At least Jack got to experience it. And, remember last Labor Day and our trip to Spanish Fork Resevoir. Oh the memories are too much...

Rachael said...

oh, so funny! Great family outing. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures of your little pirate! I bet that sword came in handy on the river!

taylor and laney said...

this post makes me want to cry. you really shouldn't do anything fun without us. we miss you. we got our airplane tickets to come home. we'll be there on the 16th!

taylor and laney said...

of december that is.

SDL said...

Taylor and Laney, we're trying to fill the void with anything we can. It only stops hurting when we sleep.

Jason & Shannon said...

I don't know, Jason isn't really into it. He keeps buying me ice cream... I think he's trying to fatten me up so I won't be able to fit into my dress. Haha. I want to see your new ring! I hear it's gorgeous!!

Erin said...

Steve - you should probably stop eating babies.