Monday, September 8, 2008

It's POTTY Time



Jack is definitely growing up. He is using helpful sentences like, "My Daddy is gone to work. He'll be home at 6:30pm." 6:30 is the only time that Jack knows because that is when he likes to wake up in the morning and I try to convince him to sleep until 7:00am. Anytime you ask the time Jack responds with "6:30."

I guess my point is that we went to the store and bought a potty today (yet another sign of growing up). He asked for a princess potty, but I'm too cheap and stubborn to buy a princess potty. I got a potty at a discount store and some pirate stickers. He is so thrilled and I have to admit the stickers look so fun!

Another big adventure will happen tonight when the Mimi Fairy comes to collect Jack's "mimis" (the plug) in exchange for little gifts. It may be a difficult week here in the Leavitt hut.

8 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

I love it! I'm glad you opted for a pirate potty instead of princess. The stickers are so neat, did they come with the potty, or did you buy them somewhere else?

Rach said...

Good Luck, Jack! I hope he has an easier time w/#2 than Lucy did, although no matter how it goes, keep thinking to yourself, "in 1 month, I'm going to be so happy I did this!" (but you'll be happier long before a month...)

Rachael said...

that flusher is so great! and so are the sticker. Hopefully it makes up for the fact that potty training is a drag and so is letting go of the pacifier. 2 things that make labor and delivery sound appealing, if you ask me! :) Good luck to all of you!

yaya said...

Hailey, I don't know if I've ever commented on your blog before, but I couldn't resist this time. The pic of Jack on the potty with his sword is way too funny! Good luck with this big step Jack! Oh,btw, this is Craig's Mom here.

Amy and Craig said...

well hopefully it won't be a long road for you. The stickers are really fun! Potty-training wasn't a big success for us until age 3, but I know it works for alot of people before then. Get some of those plastic pants (like a cloth diaper but with plastic on the outside). that seemed to help my kids put it together when they went and how it felt. I hope elaine doesn't get you new carpet before you're done!

Kristi said...

I thought I should let farmer Jack know that one of his horses must of escaped his barn and traveled over to our place, along with a gray sock. We better get together soon so I can return them. ;)

Amy and Craig said...

it looks like jack is actually going in the first picture.

Crockett Family said...

How's that potty training coming? My sympathies! I am sure you feel totally home bound! I say go straight to underwear and only pull ups at night and nap time. Make sure you have your carpet cleaner ready and handy. Good luck!