Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mr. Bloom's Glorious Taxonomy


I enjoy checking everyone's blog and when I'm not too lazy I actually sign in and leave a comment or two. I was recently reading a fabulous blog and I was struck by the thoughtful messages. It reminded me of one thing that I actually remember and use from college. BLOOM'S TAXONOMY. This is basically a hierarchy of thinking and learning. The lowest level is knowledge or basic recall of information and then the stages range to evaluation or the ability to make thoughtful judgments. The goal for most teachers is to take their students to higher levels of thinking.

I think my blog is at the basic "knowledge" level. Maybe sometime I'll be able to share something insightful and thought-provoking. In the meantime I'll continue to check everyone's blog for juicy tidbits!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

that's a pretty cool pyramid! I'm trying to get lydia to think about her reading more. It's hard to convince her to WANT to do it - or at least cooperate. Maybe I'll show her the pyramid....

heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my photography site! Please tell your friends about it too!

Amy and Craig said...

this is a cool "ah-ha" moment, but I want pix of your halloween costumes! we watched wizard of oz for our movie night when craig was gone this week and the kids are all obsessed with it now! so fun! we're gonna introduce them to willy wonka next!

Amber P. said...

Oh, I totally did a podcast on Bloom's Taxonomy! I love it and am glad someone else remembers it, too:)