Sunday, November 23, 2008

"I find my duty hard to do today"

Here is a little more insight into our week without daddy. Jack is singing 'Pirates of Penzance,' ("Away, away! Ere I expire! I find my duty hard to do today.") Those words are so true concerning life without Steve.

The other day I thought I was actually having a conversation with Jack. Then he sang out, "I pick my nose. I
sing and pick my nose." That shot a hole in my sail.

Yesterday I was again mistaken that Jack and I were conversing. After a few exchanges Jack asked innocently, "Mommy, what are you talking about?" Oh nothing...nothing at all.

STEVE COME HOME NOW!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so cute! Hang in there!

Rachael said...

what a funny video! he's grown up so much since this summer, I can't believe it. Good luck, Hailey - it's just never the same without Daddy around. Especially when your only company thinks he's a pirate! :)

Amy and Craig said...

awesome video and I know exactly why you lose your mind! Come to my house! I think everybody is all better! too bad we couldn't have gone to ross together on sat. sorry my phone died during our conversation! now we know that steve doesn't really reupholster the temple, he's just a pirate that has to go to school. hmmm...

Unknown said...

Yes, but never with a toddler on the loose (yet)!

Laney said...

please don' t let jack grow up anymore.

donna said...

Hey, wait a minute, I thought Steve was doing lichen, you mean Chris was right he's there on temple duty? Boy, do I feel dumb!

I love the pirate! running over the chair is about as good as having a hamster wheel for him. Keep him running!

Don't feel too bad about him wondering what you're talking about, I think my kids still feel that way! :)

Tanner Mills said...

that kid is good at turning left. make sure he runs track when he is older.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Is running with a sword as dangerous as running with scissors?? We've watched the video 3 times!

SDL said...

Ive been finding my duty hard to do today since last Sunday. Please let me come home (Donna - I am doing lichens stuff too, and today we may have found the one that we get me in really good with the lichen people in Spain).