Sunday, November 16, 2008

Without a Daddy




I had to post these pictures. This is Jack watching Sesame Street. He is so zoned out. He might look like this during the next two weeks, as we try to survive without daddy. If he were watching 'Sound of Music,' or 'Pirates of Penzance' he would be out of his chair dancing or sword fighting. However his cute, drone expression was too hard to pass up and I grabbed my camera. The picture taking did not change his expression one bit. After watching him and laughing to myself I asked him if he could at least give me one good "arrr matey." He did! I think Uncle Derek does the same thing when he watches movies. Is that right? Maybe he needs a Dr. Dog to sit with too.

11 comments:

donna said...

okay, that's funny! You could stand right in front of him and he didn't even blink! Wow! Scary! :)

Kristi said...

What exactly IS that show teaching these days? It looks intense!
You rearranged the place!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I can't get Dave or Bryson to watch Pirates of Penzance. Where is Steve - did I miss that post?Jack is definitely a male - focusing intently on one thing at a time!

Rach said...

I love that- great picture! When Daddy's are gone, TV is the best replacement (for the mommy and kid!) How are you feeling, by the way?

Amy and Craig said...

I really really like the title of the blog followed by that pic! so great! It makes me want to print it off and frame it. so forlorn!

Rachael said...

Yeah, Derek wonders why the TV is on every day when he gets home and I just can't imagine how I could NOT turn it on. Sometimes it's just the next-best thing to another parent around! :)

And I'm SURE Derek could use one of those dogs. Does it help?!

Rachael said...

okay, Hailey - Derek and I are having a marital conflict over the color of your carpet. Is it the same as our apartment or different? Either way, we're pretty excited to see new carpet at your place!!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness! I love his little chair! I was at Home Goods today and saw this Pirate rocking chair I wanted so bad if only I had someone to sit in it (I think Matts a lil big for it :) But I totally thought of Jack and even took a pic of it on my cell phone, but I don't have your number so here's a link to a website that sells it. You have to take a look!! http://www.netkidswear.com/joropiro.html

Kayla said...

Yes, you are teaching the 5th week this month. I don't know what the topic is, but I will ask Amy.

leah said...

Hi Hailey, I was so excited to find your blog. Cute little guy. This Leah (from Spo., girls camp, etc) used to be Ward now am a West. My blog is blwest.blogspot.com.

Amber P. said...

Good Luck Hailey! I just posted the lesson topic for Sunday on the blog. It's Finding Joy in the Journey by Pres. Monson.