Monday, January 26, 2009

Married to Science


Does anyone have a number I could call? I found this stack of books the other day after Steve left for BYU.

In all seriousness I love my scientific husband. Let me count the ways...
Steve tells Jackson that the baby is growing in my "uterus." It's true, you're right...
When Jack asks why the sun is gone, Steve carefully explains the fact that we are in the
earth's shadow. (I think I just say the sun got tired)
Steve has carefully taught Jack how to "catch" lichen and analyze them.

The list goes on and on. I do miss having Leisy across the street to share in biological chats with Steve. Most of which I could not follow.

P.S. Did you read some of the titles??? "The Naked Ape-" What in the world? "Sexual Interactions in Plants-" I could hardly saw "bra" out loud before I was sixteen...I just don't know what to do!

7 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Is Jack reading those?!

Unknown said...

now THAT is some heavy duty reading! And here I thought Ender's Game was branching out from my normal young adult fiction reads... I guess science fiction just doesn't compare to the science NON-fiction that's out there! :)

Rachael said...

dang it all. That's me, posting as the Rock Creek ward again....

Kent and Leisy said...

we miss steve and those conversations as well. I even miss our immigration debates. Keep up the good reads and jack's education!! hailey- your boys have no hope. They will be little biologists- and it will be great!!

Amy and Craig said...

having steve and leisy together sounded like fun! what great reading! Craig only reads business books and the newspaper

donna said...

and Craig reads sports illustrated, but not the February issue, which would actually fit into Steve's reading list a bit.

Oh, Hailey, you and your "you know what's"!

Erin said...

I didn't know they did sexy science at BYU. And personally, I don't know why the last book in the photo is so big. A pamphlet ought to cover all correlation between sex and the brain.