Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snacks with Jack


I'm not a very patient pregnant lady and sometimes I feel like I'm going to hyperventilate before this baby actually comes. However, I am trying to respect the three months I have to spend with Jack before baby pirate arrives. The past couple of days we have had so much fun playing pirates, going to the library, taking walks and pretending that we are different animals. I really love this little guy and I'm amazed by the things that he remembers, the knowledge he has of his Father in Heaven and all the "whys" he would like answered.

Today we put on our aprons and made snowmen out of fruit. Jack saw a picture in my Family Fun magazine and we have had it on the fridge all week (to remind me to buy the ingredients). We had a great time and he actually ate the snowman (minus the "yucky carrot nose" and "slimy cherry."

10 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

That's a fun activity! I'm glad you guys are having fun together. It is precious time. Take care!

Kristi said...

Ooooh, you guys have all the fun!

Kent and Leisy said...

we saw those very snowmen! I think we may do them for playgroup soon :) Jack seems so grown up! Is he ready for a baby pirate? Zeb is going to freak I think.

Derek said...

He's such a delicate little guy. I love watching videos of him. Neat snacks.

donna said...

I saw those in Family Fun too! Maybe dad and I should do them for FHE? :)

Steve and Hailey said...

"Delicate.." W-h-a-t? You dare to insinuate that we are raising a whoosie man? He's a rough and tumble pirate! Can you see that? :)

SDL said...

Delicate, just like his daddy

Erin said...

India loves watching movies of Jack (and Hailey when she's dancing)! Very cute idea. Hang in there for the last 3 months!

Rachael said...

Good for you! I've been thinking lately about how often I feel like things are NEVER going to get easier. And then I realized the other day that of course they are! Carver won't go to kindergarten in diapers, he'll learn to talk, he'll stop coming in at 6:30 am to cuddle with his mom in bed, the girls will stop hanging on me when they give me hugs, they'll probably even learn to do their homework on their own. And all of that growing up makes me sad! I'm reminding myself right now that things will get easier, but that it's bittersweet. I need a million and one reminders to cherish today.... Thanks for giving me another one!

Amy and Craig said...

you go! what a fun mama you are! and hurray to jack for eating it! what a long tongue he has!