Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pirate Curtains


The pirate room is underway (thanks to a fun fleece and pillow from Grandma Nonna) and now thanks to some new curtains. I followed nearly the same design as the previous curtains that were ingeniously and quickly made by Grandma Nonna.

Just a little background. My sewing projects are rather sporadic and so it is like learning all over again. I cut out the curtain panels and Steve started explaining, "Hailey they don't look square..." Of course they aren't square they are rectangle, right? Well apparently I cut the fabric on a slant. It goes back to my struggle with rulers. Sure I can make a straight line, but that doesn't translate to a straight and horizontal line.

To spare all the details, a project that ought to be accomplished in an hour or two took me a week or two, but they are now done and cute and ironed and hung and I feel a little more capable for the next sewing project.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

way adorable, I love them. They look so awesome It feels so nice to have a project done Congrats on another boy, Jack will love a brother Max sure does. Boys are way fun.

Susan said...

They are awesome! I love them!

Amy and Craig said...

super cute! great colors so bold and wonderful. I'm in awe of you. I can hardly get the house picked up (that doesn't mean vacuumed).

donna said...

They are so cute! I really like the bold colors! I'm only sad that all the work will be done before I get there! Feel free to save me little bits :)

Maybe pillow cases? Where did you find that cute fabric?

Good Job! (Now take it easy and get better!)

Kristi said...

I love the clips at the top (or whatever you are calling them). So cute! Maybe we should go a step further from our last project and make a cute applique pillow for their room.

Rachael said...

PERFECT!!! So cute. I love it. What cheerful little pirates! Sewing is always like that for me. WAY more work that it should be!