Monday, March 23, 2009

Words of Wisdom



#1: Judge a picture book by the cover, but NEVER judge ice cream by the carton. The picture shows delicious chocolate flakes and then you open the carton and *POOF* the flakes are not flakes at all, but rather large and irregular chunks of chocolate.
#2: Don't agree to a sword fight UNTIL you know what you're up against. (Jack showed me his sword and then offered me a sword. Guess which was which. I asked him if he thought this was a fair match. Yup.)
#3: Don't buy paper towels. For years I have felt like less of a person because I refuse to spend extra money on paper towels. I've come to terms with this plan of action. Paper towels are silly. Use a rag! (I have learned to buy decent to nice toilet paper and Kleenex)

#4: If your husband has gas in bed (and you think a gun has just fired), but he really is a great man and an amazing father, just plug your nose or try laughing. Crying doesn't work.

#5: If your birthday is coming up and you think your family will read your mind and know exactly what you are dreaming of...it might be good to make a list. You know, just in case.

#6: Be easily amused.

11 comments:

Erin said...

India says, "Arrr . . . where's the hook?"

I look forward to more words of wisdom.

Eric and Jodi Eames said...

Your posts are so funny and random. I love it when you see different sides of people on their blogs. You are definatly hilarious I can see where Jack gets that from!! :) He will be the cutest sunbeam with a sword!

Laney said...

Love the post Hailey. And haven't Leisy and I warned you about those Loaded ice cream flavors. They are never any good- they always seem to be too overwhelming.

Roy & Annette said...

I guess Jack's a true Leavitt to love "The Pirates of Penzance." I really think we should do a family performance some day.

donna said...

Love, love it! Wow, now that you made the comment about the birthday presents I'm feeling a little worried, and soon you'll see if I read your mind well or not!

Love the dancing pirate. Can we watch Pirates of Penzance when I come to visit? Please?

Rachael said...

I love your words of wisdom!! I'll add that the new Breyer's "dreamy creamy" lowfat ice cream was very unimpressive, as well. That's what I get for not just getting Tillamook and being done with it. And I might say that I love paper towels, but it makes Derek cringe everytime I use one. :) So maybe I won't say that.

I was only a tiny bit worried about your birthday present - now I'm feeling a bit more worried that I was supposed to read your mind! Because I'm SURE I didn't do that!!

Amy and Craig said...

It always makes me so mad when the ice cream isn't exactly like the picture on the package. Talk about false advertising!
I know you'll like your b-day present. it'll be there on Friday so keep an eye out.
You should make steve stick his butt out the front door when he farts, like derek used to!

Steve and Hailey said...

Sorry the birthday word of wisdom was only meant for Jack and Steve.

Mom you can definitely watch Pirates when you come. I just love how Jack's bobbly head throws him off while dancing.

Oh and Rachael if I had Tillamook to choose from I would probably never try something low-fat. Tillamook is the best ice cream! Yum!

SDL said...

I don't know how I can be accused of the gunshot noises at night. We do live in the slums, and it wouldn't be the first time real shots were fired. As far as the smell goes we do live with a two year old that is capable of producing some pretty amazing smells.

Kristen said...

Well that just doesn't even seem fair at all to sword fight with a wee little barbie sword! And yes I too noticed that the Loaded icecream just doesn't live up to it's picture on the carton. Very disappointing indeed. Also when it comes to your #4 advice I found out that like crying, whining about why can't they roll the windows down in the car beforehand or warn me of what's coming so I can run out of the room doesn't always work either. But we love them anyway. By the way....when are you due? I went through a moment of sour patch kid cravings a month or so ago and thought of you, but after eating the whole bag in one sitting I think I've cured that one!

Kent and Leisy said...

I so agree about paper towel usage.