Sunday, April 5, 2009

Educational Activities with "Poofer Balls"

A couple weeks ago I bought a bag of pom-poms. It must be the elementary teacher within me. I was sure there was some purpose for these colorful little things. It took me too long to come up with a craft (ha, imagine that!), but Jack sure came up with some fun games. He plays with the "poofer balls" the way Derek, Amy and I used to play with marbles, giving them personalities at times and creating shapes on the floor with them. If Griff is listening half as well as Jack did, while I was teaching first grade, I bet Griff will have some interesting educational games to teach us too!PS I finally did come up with some Easter Egg Animals (Family Fun) for the pom poms. Jack informed me, "The kitty and doggy don't stand up very well, do they mommy?" Oh brother!

8 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

what a funny boy!!! we died laughing watching the video. I don't think I got the creative gene. I never to crafty things with our kids. Jack is looking so grown up and so much like steve to me. I keep wondering what baby griff will look like. It's about time for a baby pool, what do you think?

Rachael said...

cute cute animals. and I LOVED it when you both busted up on the video. I think Jack looks more and more grown up with each video you post (obviously... time has passed, right?!). I can't wait to play with him in real life!

Laney said...

I think he sort of looks like tanner!

donna said...

You're not supposed to laugh and make him talk while he has poofer balls in his mouth!!

I loved the in the ear and then the mouth.

You're all nuts! I can't wait to come visit!

Laurie said...

I love the eggs - super cute!

Roy & Annette said...

He must be my brother's son.

Derek said...

He really did remind me a lot of Steve. Not the poofer balls, the facial expressions. Great video, Hailey. You must be proud of your boy.

Chris Howell said...

Don't make me tell you where those poofer balls have been....