Saturday, June 6, 2009

Utah Lake Festival

Another year at the Utah Lake Festival. Last year it was so fun. Perfect weather, moderate crowds, and a quick visit. This year it was still nice, but the crowds were way worse and we stuck around longer than anyone wanted. Hailey thinks that the way I dress is a disgrace to our family and has been threatening to take me shopping every day this week (she only succeeded once and bought my my first pair of plaid shorts). I couldn't let that happen again and I new that they were giving out free "Utah Lake Festival" shirts. I told them my sad tale and they gave me three. With three new t-shirst I'm set for the next year and Hailey won't feel like I'm letting down the family.

This is our first complete family picture since the birth.of Biff.


Close up of chunky Biff.


Jack only had to wait about five hours to get his face painted. He was so excited to painted up like Spider Man and was really confused when he walked away with a dragons mask. Hailey and I think Jack speaks pretty clearly, but then again last night watching a movie neither of us could understand what the adults were saying. We keep asking each other "Huh, what'd they say'.


One more - take a vote on what color you think Biff's hair is, please.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

oh, now THAT is funny!! Outings are always better with free t-shirts. Hilarious about Jack's face painting - did he like it anyway? And Griffin... I just can't wait to meet the little chubs in person!

Kristen said...

Wow! You must have made a sad plea to get 3 shirts out of it! Also I like your plaid shorts. I think Matt has 4 or so that I've encouraged the purchase of. My vote on new baby Griffin's hair is.....strawberry blonde.

taylor and laney said...

How could you say that last year was so fun when Taylor and I missed it? I am still very upset that we missed it. Dang Baby. However, I use the pink pig chain every day that you guys got me there.

Megan said...

I vote strawberry blonde too, and I have to yet to convince my husband to buy, or even wear plaid shorts. Did Jack like his face paint anyway? I'm having the opposite problem, I haven't learned to speak child yet, and being in the primary it gets tough.

Kent and Leisy said...

I really like the plaid shorts! they match just about every t-shirt, steve- so you can't really go wrong with them. I don't know about straberry blonde. my vote is the steve and hailey hair color mix. a sandy color. he is a cute baby- and I don't say that every day about babies!

donna said...

Well, I won't say 'red' because I know that would be disloyal, but I may throw in with the strawberry blond vote. He sure is a cutie. How did Jack feel about the dragon mask?

Oh, and I'm VERY impressed you talked them out of THREE t-shirts! Will they be the summer lichen hunting uniform, or more Sunday go to meeting?

Roy & Annette said...

The "Biff" nickname isn't from a certain 80's movie, is it? He's way too cute and good for that. And you'll have to give me lessons in getting free things because I never get anything, let alone three. I vote strawberry blond but bet it will turn blond like his daddy's did. Of course it will be nice to see him in real life to know for sure.

Amy and Craig said...

awesome pix!!! I think Biff's hair is like Sofa Loaf's, reddish, blondish, brownish. Such a beautiful baby! I like steve's hair cut! We are so excited to see you guys in a couple weeks!

SDL said...

Nice thing about my new outfits is that the free shirt with my new plaid shorts I've got some real nice 'town clothes'. On the other hand I don't even have to change my shirt if I throw on some hiking shorts and I'm set to collect lichens all week long.