Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Wiz


This was the Orem library Teddy Bear Picnic with a Wizard of Oz theme...sounds confusing, huh? It was hard enough to get us dressed and there, forget bringing a teddy bear. Oh and apparently it isn't the kind of picnic that you eat at...whatever. Before we left home Jack and Griffin were both crying. Jack told me through tears and screaming that he didn't even want to dress up anymore. It made me feel awful..probably because I wasn't feeling patient or loving. Thankfully Jack loved the puppets and stories and, of course, the theme.
Little Griffin along for the ride. Steve promises to never call him Biff again.

9 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

isn't it always like that?! you find the COOLEST activity you just KNOW they'll love and somehow everybody ends up in tears! national train day for us was the very same experience.

Rachael said...

I totally agree with Leisy - it's always that way!! Looks like Jack enjoyed it in the end. It seemed like the PERFECT outing. And worth the effort, too.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

So, if not Biff, what is his "nickname"? Everybody has to have one or two...

donna said...

Yay, Steve! I promise if you call him Biff his hair will get all coarse and icky and other ugly things will happen too. It may get so bad he'll scare your pants off!

Well, the pictures make it look like everyone liked parts of the trip. I wish I could have been there too. I think crying at the Wizard of Oz Teddy Bear Picnic, with no food, would be more fun than work. :)

Laney said...

I think you should keep calling him Biff.

kenna said...

I am seriously in love with these little kids of yours.

w. leavitt said...

how did jack's birthday go?

Amy and Craig said...

it's so frustrating to try to get anywhere with little ones. you try so hard to make it all work and somebody's always tired and hungry. that's an awesome pic of him defying gravity.

HowellAZ said...

Looks like fun - wish my library had something like that going on...I think I'd attend even without children! Hope your summer is going well, I always love this time of year (no wonder)!