Saturday, August 8, 2009

tiny tears - lichening day 3


Okay, so I do get to travel and see some beautiful places studying lichens, but there's so much more to my lichening lifestyle. Today we spent the day in the Pintler Mountains in western Montana
. We did some beautiful walks in the mountains, but they were a little much for my companeros. It was fun to watch them at the end of the day.

Perhaps the most memorable part was the lunch selection by one of us licheners (I won't name any names). This selection is actually pretty typical, but as I've become accustomed over the past few years to this menu I seldom see it for what it really is. Anyway, a nice dinner at Perkins will only make matters inside your stomach a lot more complicated. Eat something healthy for me.

5 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

That is awful! Gaggy. Thanks to the Shumways I had a great dinner.

Chris Howell said...

While you were in the Selway, I was in the Flathead and the Bob Marshall. Just got back after 7 days of backpacking into Upper Holland and Doctor Lake.

Erin said...

Wasabi flavored chips? Wow - I think that is stranger than lichening;)

Amy and Craig said...

I feel sick just looking at that food! I'm loving this glimpse into your trip though! it sounds so adventurous to just go places and then hike and look for stuff.

donna said...

And I thought the cold rain was bad! How do you survive this?