Monday, August 10, 2009

Weak from lichens – day 5


I know this is equally painful for anyone who happens to glance at our blog every once in a while and for the moron who said he would give a week long glimpse into my career. Its old news but today we drove a lot, stopped a lot (very little stopping was actually involved with collecting lichens), and spun our wheels a lot. Its hard to combine Mr. Super-hasty with someone else who is, well, moving at a different speed. Eventually however, we did end up on the East Fork of Bull River in the Cabinet Mountains in western Montana. There's an old growth forest that was absolutely incredible. I'm excited to run up to Engel Lake and Engel Peak tomorrow and see some of the country where Chris has explored. Now he would be a great lichening partner.

3 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

I should definitely be in bed, but I really like the shot of the trees. Very artistic...crazy artsy guy. Man...I'm tired! Come home! :) This blogging is pretty fun though.

Erin said...

Hailey - don't worry about getting a teacher for the 4th week! I have to make a bunch of phone calls anyway ;) Have FUN!

donna said...

Well, it's too bad you and Chris can't be lichen buddies, or even scouting buddies, because you'd have so much fun, but if you ever were buddies would you ever come home?