Monday, October 26, 2009

Virtual Planetoid

This kid has a HUGE head. Really HUGE!

Oh, I will preface this post by saying, Jack's actions are often naughty and so equally funny that my mothering brain is literally stuck at a moral crossroad. What to do?

For example, Sunday the "mousy" wants another piece of cheese. "Cinderella" says not until after your lunch. "Mousy" climbs out of his seat and says he is getting an orange-then fakes me out, running the other direction, grabs the loaf of cheese and takes the biggest bite right out of the bottom of the cheese! What?

Today I hear Jack (moments into his naptime). He's crying and saying, "I just can't do this!" I hurry into his room and I just can't understand what I'm seeing. He has a small toddler bed and somehow all I see is this floating mattress off the bed frame. Guess what was under the mattress? He snaked his little body under his bed (looking for monsters) and somehow his head fit up through the slats of his bed, but he couldn't get his head back down. We said a prayer and his hysterics melted away into a somewhat logical calm. He told me to get a hammer or use one of his swords to free his HUGE noggin.

Thanks to our neighbor-Jack was freed! Of course next time he gets himself stuck I should just let him relax for the remainder of naptime.

15 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

so so funny. did you really have to take the bed apart? or did he end up squeezing his huge head out? I was laughing out loud reading this.

Laney said...

LOVE IT! And I especially love how he thought that one of his swords could solve the problem. Hysterical. Thanks for posting the video!

Unknown said...

haha. what a crack up. oh boy

Lacee DeG said...

So Funny!! I can't believe he faked you out..What's next?? Boys are crazy, and hilarious! I laughed and laughed! PS..I told my sis to watch the video-hope that's ok

Cassidy said...

hahahaa. So funny.

Erin said...

Oh dear! What a good problem solver. Let's hope if Griffy ever gets his head stuck (i'm not saying he has a big head), that you get to him before Jack! He's a smart one!!

Rach said...

I think Jack just found the best place ever for a good time-out. Maybe I will have to find a similar place in our house. :-)

Rebecka said...

Hailey, thanks for asking how school is going, I talked a ton and then realized I hadn't even asked how you were doing :( I love hearing about your boys. Emily did the same thing when she was about five, but it was the futon instead of the bed. I can't wait to see your cute family at the Halloween party.

Rachael said...

Oh, that Jack!! What a funny, funny kid. I was laughing out loud watching him!! I almost wondered if his little body could've wiggled up through the slats. I love that you got this on video. You definitely chose right at the Mommy crossroads on this one. :)

Kristi said...

Thanks for the laugh Hailey . . .and Jack! I wish you would've at least given the sword idea a try. It would've made the movie more dramatic. That story is classic!

The Corbetts said...

Oh what boys can do and think of super cute. Hope he's okay.

Chris Howell said...

Do you think he is destined to be a politician? (given his huge head)

donna said...

Oh,man it just isn't fair. The first time I saw this I was at the hotel in Des Moines and there was no sound. There were other people in the computer lab and I was trying not to laugh out loud, but it wasn't entirely successful. I finally had to go back to my room and laugh!

Why, oh why do heads go in to places they can't get out of? I had to get my brothers head out of the banister two different times I can think of.

Nice job taking the video. Did the screws need to come out?

Kristin said...

Hilarious! I'm so glad you thought to grab the camera.

Roy & Annette said...

Our family got a kick out of this! The girls were laughing SO hard (so was I). I'm glad he got out okay.