Tuesday, January 19, 2010

True Love

I run. I’m a runner.

Why would anyone want to run? WHY? Why, when you can dance, kickbox, Step, hike, bicycle or haul children to the grocery store? It’s just plain, old, uncreative peer pressure and perhaps the slightest bit of competition. (I should mention here that my first intro to running came in the form of the highest degree of torture; running the mile in school for fitness tests. We did this twice a year and it was painful. My face exploded into a sweaty, bright, red mess and it felt like I ran through a day and basically to the land of where the wild things are)

After, yet another friend suggested a half marathon I threw up my arms in exasperation and said that it was a horrible idea and then I went out and bought my first pair of Asics. I hit the gym early this morning and bypassed my lovely aerobics room and found myself on a treadmill. It wasn’t long, not in mileage anyway. Two and half miles passed and they passed rather nicely, I must say. There may be more miles ahead of me and more Asics too.

So the true love part is not a relationship with my shoes or the treadmill or even running----it’s Steve! He loaded the ipod. His music picks for me and my lofty goal are too grand not to share. Enjoy!

***Several songs weren't on Playlist. Please contact me for more Steve listening. Oh and feel free to push pause when you visit. I also heard Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (John Denver). That one is good.


11 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

woohoo. you can totally do it, hailey! Although I prefer runnning when it's NOT winter :) I usually do more classes during the winter because longer than 3 or 4 miles on the treadmill can make you CRAZY!! good luck. you'll love it. watching tv during a run can help too!

Cassidy said...

Good for you. I'll live through you, since I have absolutely NO DESIRE to run. :)
It would've been fun to see you in WA. We didn't go near Spokane though.
Someday, someday.
I have the feeling our boys would be CRAZY together.
HA

Crystal said...

That is awesome! I am going to try to do only a 10k this summer. Adam is doing a Marathon, crazy him. But I honestly dont think I can run over a 10k. haha! I have ran 2 5k's pushing Alaya and those were pretty easy. If you ever need a running buddy let me know!Im sure I would eat most of your dust as I would fall far behind haha!

Lacee DeG said...

Hooray for running!! When you get to that "I HATE THE TREADMILL!!" phase, go to a spin class. They've totally kept my endurance! Let me know how the run goes!!

Rachael said...

Hurray for you, Hailey! and kudos to Steve for loading the ipod. What a guy. Derek tried to load my phone (since he's giving away the mp3 player he gave to me) tonight, but it was dead. ooops.

I need to get back to running. Like tonight, right now - I'm sitting on my behind and should've hopped on the treadmill. I knew it, too. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping to do a 5K this spring without chin splints. So I guess I better do something about it, huh?

Rachael said...

hee, hee - SHIN splints. Not CHIN splints.... LOL

Derek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alan and Mindee said...

Hailey, I just found your blog! You have such a cute fam! Your boys are adorable. Looks like you are all doing well!!!

The Corbetts said...

HI i thought u might want to know where i got elis outfit. the happy birthday one i got from Ross and the brown and blue one i think james mom got it from sears. thanks

Roy & Annette said...

Love it. Yesterday I felt like I had energy to run all over the place all day long, but I'm back to normal today. You're awesome! And Steve's picture is great (yeah, he's great too, not just the picture).

Laney said...

hooray for joining the running club! are your shoes pink? Where did you get them?