Monday, April 5, 2010

Mr. Wise Guy

Jack is growing up in leaps and bounds. Easter revealed yet another tremendous breakthrough for Jack. He had just opened and sampled his chocolate Easter bunny and with a frown said, "It looks good, but it doesn't taste good. It tastes like garbage food." Oh how true! I really don't like to waste money and so the Easter basket for Jack consisted of candy that we had been given, juice boxes, goldfish crackers and a new game. I started feeling kind of badly that I didn't buy little candy bars...nah!

Although we woke up to two inches of snow, Easter morning felt cozy inside and I really enjoyed listening to the conference messages. I have been crocheting. It kept my hands busy and I could still listen. Mr. Wise Guy calls my crochet work "pretend sewing," but he encourages my efforts; "It's so beautiful mommy-you're the most beautiful of 'em all." Oh yes, Jack is wise.

Steve and Jack took a drive to Diamond Fork around noon and they came home with the greatest supply of billowy lichen. Can I even describe how excited Steve was? We had lichen drying all over the place! The afternoon was cloudy and chilly, but we went out for a long walk and came home to hide the Easter eggs and doodle with chalk. We are a family that isn't meant to be inside for too many hours together. So much more happened and was said, but that is the basic sum up to another quick weekend.

7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I love jack's short hair! happy easter to you guys. Looks like the easter bunny knew exactly what steve wanted! and I agree with mr. wise guy. those bunnies do taste like garbage!!

Laney said...

griff looks just like Hailey in that bottom picture!

SDL said...

What good boys you have.

Amy and Craig said...

I wonder if Jack could explain to Craig what he means. Craig will eat it just because it's candy, even if he admits that it's not good. How funny!

Rachael said...

What a wise guy indeed! That really sums Jack up in a few words - I love that cute picture of the boys in their bunny ears.

Rachael said...

Hey - I just looked back at this post and realized that Mr. Wise Guy is holding your crochet and it's SO great! I love it! You inspire me in so many ways, Hailey.

w. leavitt said...

how did i miss this screaming bunny pic? i think it's a good one.