Saturday, June 5, 2010

WANTED: Full Time Nanny or New Brain

Life continues in it's helter skelter way and I'm less than thrilled that Steve is still putting in at least fifteen hour days. OH I'm so tired of this. No one tell me the truth about life being hard and husbands being gone and how things will just get worse....Boo! No one tell me that.

Jack is amazing and I love him and tickle him and die laughing at his ideas and games, but if I have to tell one more story about a dolphin turning into a boy (WHY did I make that story so great! He loved it the first time and I'm forever re-creating it!) I might just turn into a boy myself! Or a dolphin for that matter. Pretty soon I'll be able to give Brandon Mull a run for his money.

Griffin is such a doll, but yesterday within two hours he had received five ouchy shots, crashed out of the Radio Flyer wagon (reaching for a lousy cracker) and he completely exasperated his diaper rash by scooting on his hiney everywhere! Yeah yesterday he wasn't his chipper self.

And me? Here is the insight: What is Jack doing....why can't he leave his brother alone? Clean...oh yeah the fridge, pack the random tablecloths and aprons we won't use this month...send off rent, phones ringing! Kids crying! Why is this place messy? All I do is clean and feed and I'm not even nursing anymore.

When I see Steve in August I'll tell you how he is feeling. Here are the highlights in picture form! :)

7 comments:

Cassidy said...

I think I'd take both the nanny AND brain. They're needed that bad (for me). I love it when people some how think it's comforting to tell you that it's what you've chosen, it'll get worse, or get used to it. In what situation is that EVER comforting?????
Love you girl. Hang in there.

Here's on of my favorite lines that my dad seems to see think comforting:
If anyone can do it, you can. It's your calling as a mother.
:)

Alan and Mindee said...

I think I could copy and paste this post on my blog...in other words I can totally relate!!!
I can tell by just looking at your blog that you are an amazing Wife and Mommy! Keep up the good work and hopefully August while arrive sooner than later!

Anonymous said...

Some day he will work normal hours and life will still be crazy! I bet your boys love every mommy minute they get! What an influence you have on everyone around you! You really are inspiring even in your crazy moments!

donna said...

Hang in there! It does get better... or at least different and you're doing very well.

Besides, look, Steve must come home sometimes... there's a picture of him!

donna said...

p.s. if you find out where to get new brains, I'd like to know that one too.

Rachael said...

Yeah, sign me up for a new brain, too! I'm sure it'd help around here, too.

Today someone at church talked about how he always has to learn the hard way, but it's for his own good. I really resonated with that. Sometimes I just get tired of the refiner's fire! :)

Send your kids up here!! I'm sure the airlines let you do that with a lap child, right?! I really don't know if it could be much crazier around here! :)

Kent and Leisy said...

I'll take the nanny. who needs brains?! I feel like sometimes I never even use mine :) bu ta nanny- oh what a wonderful wonderful thing that would be. Luckily the YMCA here takes kids for 2.5 hours a day. you can even just sit in the lobby and read a book if you want to.