Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home Again, Home Again

Welcome home pirate style (would you expect any different from this family?)
Naperville Riverwalk with cousins Katie and Taylor
Gelato at Gelati!
Chicago
Our Pirate Voyage to see the city!

This is long in coming I realize, and to make matters worse I don't have a great collection of photos. Apparently I've been too preoccupied! :) Everything has gone so nicely. We must have stock piled our blessings for this move because it's been fairly enjoyable. The drive (with mom's help) was actually fun! The kids were SO good. Jack never threw a fit and Griffy wasn't too fussy and the AC worked all but about thirty minutes. I really love our new area. It's close to just about everything and charming. Our home was put together fairly quickly and our new friends at church are great. Of course I'm missing the family, friends and mountain air, but the future looks promising.

8 comments:

Lacee DeG said...

Hooray!! I'm sooo glad everything went so well. We'll miss you in Utah, but Chicago sounds FABulous (Cubs games!!) Jack is so adorable in the gelato pic, what a handsome little pirate he is!!

Rachael said...

oh, thank you, thank you for pictures! What a fun time you're already having!! I don't even think I'm really jealous... i just to live vicariously through you. ;)

yaya said...

Welcome to my home...it will always be home to me, hope my hubby Jack doesn't mind! I'll be out in Aug. for my niece's wedding shower and I would love to stop by...or see you at church? Let me know!

Laney said...

Hailey! I love your hair in that bottom picture! I need to call you and we can chat. we need to plan a trip.

HowellAZ said...

Yay! Good luck in the big city! I loved seeing all the pictures.

donna said...

it was so fun! Thanks for letting me come. I can't believe how excited I am to come again. Chicago was much nicer than I thought it would be.:)

Crystal said...

So glad you made it there ok! I have been thinking about you!! Hope everything continues to go smoothly for you cause it makes everything more enjoyable :0)

Rach said...

Yah! Glad to see you made it safely and I hope you are having fun unpacking and getting adjusted!