Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Haunting

I was worried about Halloween falling on Sunday, but we have had Halloween all week and I'm ready to greet November. Thursday Jack and I dressed up for his preschool parade and party. Friday the boys trick or treated at the Outlets and came to the YMCA Halloween party (which was HUGE). The outlets lasted about thirty minutes and the weather was gorgeous. Griffin quickly understood the process of trick or treating. One saleswoman gave coloring pages instead of candy and Griffin threw a class nine tantrum. He slithered out of my arms and threw himself on the ground. We thanked the lady and took that darn coloring page out of his jack o' lantern! Saturday we trunk or treated with our ward (church friends and families) and today we visited the ladies next door. With all the events we gathered and passed out a disgusting amount of candy. My best reward was the fun size peanut butter M&M's from Jack.

Jack and Griffin were pirates this year, I was Pippi (with a pretty great costume, but no great pictures. Can you see Mr. Nielsen on my shoulder?) and Steve was Pippi's Papa. Jack decided to change things up and he alternated Skeleton Pirate with Captain Hook. Happy Halloween and good night!

10 comments:

Cassidy said...

Happy Halloween!!! If Carter could've combined his Spiderman with a pirate, he would have too. haha

donna said...

So much fun! Happy Halloween!!!

Roy & Annette said...

I love that Griff threw a fit about the coloring page!! So funny! Why pass out something so boring when everyone else is passing out the good stuff? Glad you had a great holiday, and I love your costumes.

Jason & Shannon said...

How fun! I love the costumes.

HowellAZ said...

Love it! Griff saying Happy Halloween was the best! He is such a cutie. And I LOVE the pirate theme...I would have expected nothing less!

The Corbetts said...

what cute costumes, and boys i still tell people about the boy next door that his first word was halloween. sorry it been a long time i got your card thank you. i just couldn't take the books to the di when i knew someone who would use them and love them. hope everything is going well.

Amy and Craig said...

so funny! I can't decide which costume is cuter on griff! I really like the mustache on him though!

Erin said...

What terrifying pirates! And you are the cutest pippy ever. why did you move so far away again?

Erin said...

I just watched the video of Griff. CUTE! I can't believe he's talking! Good grief. Who said these cute kids were allowed to grow up?

Scott and Sarah said...

so cute!