Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Top FiveThings the World Loves About Steve


This is exactly the kind of post that makes Steve gag, so I thought it would be fun!

1. Steve's a rugged man
None of this stay at home and watch sports, man. No spiking his hair or wearing jeans that are too "distressed." This man is manicured only by the extremes of nature.

2. Steve's opinionated
He doesn't think I like this aspect, but I truly do. I love that he is vocal and well-researched. If you're every in the mood for a good argument just bring up Glen Canyon, politics, ipods, music, breastfeeding, circumcision, BigLots etc. I think I discover a new opinion everyday!

3. Steve's (nearly) a DOCTOR
I'm so proud of Steve for working so hard. He should be receiving his Ph.D. next December. I never knew I would marry a charming doctor.

4. Steve's SUPERDAD!
Steve stays home every Tuesday, so that I can continue teaching. I'm exhausted with working, but his flexibility has been a great blessing to Jack and me. Jack adores Steve.

5. Steve dresses up as a pirate and sings songs
This was Jack's contribution. I asked him what he loved about Steve.

14 comments:

Laney said...

this makes me miss steve more than ever. He sure is wonderful.

Kristi said...

What a cute post. Did Stevo appreciate it? I like that Steve chose to get his degree at BYU and keep you close to me!!!

donna said...

I think Steve is a renaissance man, don't you? I'm checking the dictionary even as I type and I feel certain that he represents an "awakened interest and activity" in life as well as lichen.

Great post!

Amy and Craig said...

cool blog! I like all those things about steve too! It's nice that his opinions are researched. It's cool how he doesn't care about what other people think.

dean said...

steve is a stallion.

Rachael said...

great post - we sure miss Steve around here! I miss hearing his opinions on things... I'm curious about his thoughts on BigLots and the election, too! :)

I'm glad you included Jack's ideas. Steve IS a superdad!

Steve and Hailey said...

I guess Steve feels about BigLots like I felt about my dad making split pea soup-"we're not that poor are we?" Steve hates BigLots. He thinks the store has fleas! I can't resist picking up some things there and saving money. I have to sneak my BigLots trip and make sure to take the little orange stickers off and burn them.

SDL said...

You are all too kind. I think Hailey is trying to convince herself that she likes me before I leave for two weeks over Thanksgiving. In addition, I have to clarify - I can't stand Big Lots because is seems immoral to sell overstock from grocery stores that's about to expire and disgusting imitations real 'fake' food under the guise of a bargain.

Jason & Shannon said...

Great post! Go Steve! I like that he fits very well with the Howell family!

Walnut said...

this is exactly the top 5 reasons that i love steve. I just remember when we used to stay up late having deep conversations about BIG LOTS and circumcision. those were the days

Kent and Leisy said...

you sure got a good one, hailey!

Kent and Leisy said...

I sure do miss Steve and Leisy's never ending "discussions" and I'm sure you do too, Hailey!! I just liked having neighbors we could drop by at any time and always be welcomed - we miss you guys! - Kent

Erin said...

So true! Every once in a while Ammon and I sit around trying to think up new bumper stickers for your car.

Amber P. said...

Brent wants to know Steve's opinion of iPods. They must chat.