Thursday, August 6, 2009

Swimming Lessons: Take One

Jack and India with their teacher Missy

Erin took this weird artsy one...just teasing Erin...Jack could see himself very easily. :)
Poor Erin, I made her take pictures and I'm pretty sure I put the camera on whacked out mode.This is Griffin at swim lessons. Apparently he isn't comfortable in the water yet either.

Jack kind of got a little done with swimming lessons. They were everyday for two weeks and he was feeling like he had done that swimming thing and all and boy was he ready for something else. I would mention India's name and suddenly Jack was at the front door ready to go. I really should have taken a picture of the two of them holding hands and running down the front hall of the Orem Rec.

I LOVED watching Jack from the observation deck. I just really wanted to know what he was saying. See Jack doesn't really like water in his eyes...:) One day the kids got to wear "sun jackets" aka life jackets and take a jump off the diving board (to their teacher). Jack marched his little way to the end of the board and I swear his toes with gripping the end of the board...did he jump, or fall? Nope. He just contemplated his fate and marched right back to safety. So the first line on Jack's certificate says, "Jack is still a little afraid of the water." Oh I was laughing!

5 comments:

SDL said...

I wish that I was there to watch. My son is not afraid of anything!

Kent and Leisy said...

I am also still a little afraid of water so tell him not to worry. I can't wait to sign zeb up for stuff like that! next fall we are going to do soccer!

donna said...

Did you tell him what your father did to get you to jump off the diving board?

I sure wish I'd been there!

Amy and Craig said...

cute cute cute! cute baby cute story! love it all!

Rachael said...

hilarious! Swimming lessons are such a pain, but we don't have natural fish in our family so I guess we're stuck taking them.