Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back To School

Today was Jack's first day of preschool. Erin is teaching the first rotation. Jack came home and told me about a king story, learning letters and sorting. He even taught Griffin what he learned. I can't believe he remembered so much! Thanks Erin! She sent the cutest little homework sorting project with fruit snacks and pumpkin stickers.

I spent the day at UVU soaking up a writing conference. Sadly, I've discovered that I'm a hasty perfectionist. I actually learned this prior to the conference. Consequently, I am mediocre in several things (dancing, sewing, writing etc). Turns out you have to work really hard to be great at something or be naturally brilliant. Bummer. Maybe I'll just excel in reading!

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

I've always thought you were a great dancer. I've also always wished I was one of those instantly brilliant people. sad day.

donna said...

I think you are a great dancer AND I think you do have the ability to work really hard for a long time to be great at something. Think of doing the splits. Think of your poetry. Think of drill team. Yep. I expect to see you in print one of these days.

Amy and Craig said...

so fun! hurray for preschool. I don't see any rash on him! I love those cowboy boots. we're still searching for replacement boots. Tell India we love her lunch box. Katie has the same one!