Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall Fling

I can feel Fall in the delicious air. I've been told to relish these next two savory weeks before the real cold sets in. The transition between seasons is one of the greatest creations. My goal list grows nice and juicy and I get all excited for change (ahem this feeling does not occur as fall slams it's sweet head into bitter ole winter).
So a really great friend has asked how I celebrate Fall. I'm an elementary teacher...I do "crafts" (I assist Jack in painting, leaf collecting and the like. I DO NOT make things for my home. I AM NOT known as a crafter or maker of real crafts) and bake sugar cookies! Thanks to another amazing friend (Mckenna S. Hehehee) I have a just perfectly poofy and sweet sugar cookie recipe. Jack decorates and gobbles (I do the same). Halloween is celebrated for at least two months in this household.

10 comments:

kenna said...

M. Shumway, eh?

Let's call her, 'McKenna S.'

HA, if you've seen the LDS 'Pride & Prejudice' that should be funny.

Glad the worked out, they look delicious!

Jilly Bean said...

Oh I'm so glad you've started celebrating Halloween! I'm so excited for it and have been holding off a bit. I love making sugar cookies at Halloween too! We frost and eat and frost and eat them and try to save some to share with neighbors!

I really really miss the crisp autumn air,though. We don't have that here in Phoenix. Enjoy some for me!

Jolynn and Zak McCormick said...

So fun! I love sugar cookies! Could you share your recipe or is it a family secret?? :)

Amber P. said...

Adorable apron! Thanks for posting. Congrats on your first hyperlink. I remember making sugar cookies with you guys once. Good times.

Kristen said...

I am a huge fan of Halloween too! I wish we could experience autumn down here like Utah and Idaho. I love that briskness in the air and all the leaves changing colors which means Halloween and the rest of the holidays are right around the corner. Only down here it's been in the 90's and sweating buckets does not make me think of fall in the least :( I love Jack's skelly apron, it's super cute!

Kent and Leisy said...

cute cute little skelly. those cookies look delicious.

Rachael said...

That apron is perfect. And those are the yummy cookies. I have to confess I dread sugar cookies - it's a 4 step mess (make dough, roll out dough, frost the cookies, clean up kids). But I like to eat them and I like to see my kids happy. You inspire me to take on the mess. :)

Our September is beautiful here, too - warmer than usual, but I'll take it! Anything but the rain that is always on it's way. I think I'm starting to love fall more than summer even.

donna said...

I love the cookies and I've got to say that apron looks pretty fine! I've been loving our warm days here too, but I'm with Hailey, I'm not ready to slam into winter!

James and Bethany said...

Hey cute pictures I love reading yoru blog. And I would love to make those cookies if you are sharing secrets.

Amy and Craig said...

need that recipe. I don't have a good one so I fight the urge to make and decorate sugar cookies. please email it to me!!! love the pix. especially the one of jack at the end!we went to that pumpkin patch that we took you guys to last year today for taylor's preschool field trip. CREEPY hayride!